Model SSG - Sewage Valve
The Vent-Tech Model SSG sewer valve is essentially a shorter version of the Model SWG air/vacuum relief valve, but with
improved flow performance, less weight and better self-cleaning. In applications where clearance height is ample or valve
weight is not a factor, specify the Model SWG valve, otherwise we recommend specifying the Model SSG.
- Minimize pumping energy
- Protect from pipeline collapse due to vacuum
- Air related surge protection
- Manage column separation
- Maximize the capacity of the pipeline
- Designed and manufactured for wastewater applications.
- Reduced height versus other flat float designs (e.g. 02SWG is 31.5-inches tall while 02SSG is 24.25-inches tall).
- Reduced weight versus other flat float designs (e.g. 02SWG is 48 lbs. while 02SSG is 37.5 lbs.).
- Manufactured in 304 and 316 Stainless Steel.
- Rated for pressures of 10 bar (145psi).
- Minimum sealing pressure at three (3) psi.
- Compact tubular design with direct acting floats.
- Includes two side ports.
- Self-flushing at pump shut-down and valve emptying.
- High efficiency screens prevent ingression of airborne debris and bugs.
- Available with connection to odor control units
- Inlets, outlets, and internal clearances have a cross-sectional area at least equal to that of the valve’s nominal size.
- Valve flanges are designed to minimize energy losses at the transition to the valve body air passages.
- Composite or Polymer top flange improves balance and handling
- The anti-shock/surge floats automatically limit surge and transient pressure.
- Multi-orifice anti-shock/surge floats with evenly spaced orifices distribute pressurized air across the face of the float.
- The anti-shock/surge floats respond directly to any negative pressure by fully opening the large orifice of the valve.
- Orifices fitted with inserts protect from heat softening and abrasive wear.
- Inter-changeability of valve inlet components allows for efficient conversion between Series – C and B valve functions.
- Performance verification by independent testing facility.